Hey guys!! I hope you are all doing well and having a great month of June!! Today I am here to do a mid year check in on my 2019 goals!!
So at the beginning of the year I set myself a list of about 25-30 goals that I wanted to accomplish in 2019 (you can check out my original blog post here!) It’s hard to believe its time to check in on them.
So, as I have explained in a few blog posts before, 2019 has been an insane year for me. I obviously am busy with school and now I am basically working full time at my job. So I haven’t been able to read that much at all in the first 6 months.
With all that set, here is my update on my goals!
- Goodreads reading challenge: Read 30 books: So far I have read 15 (I’m 2 books ahead of schedule!)
- Get back on track with my review books: This is a goal that I NEED to make a priority for the second half of the year. I have read 1 review book this entire year.
- Read more local authors: I haven’t read a single book by an author from any of the 6 New England states.
- Read 10 ebooks: I have read 1
- Listen to 10 audiobooks: I have read 1
- Read half of Stephen King’s published work: I haven’t read any by King so far this year.
- Be more selective with the review books that I accept: Going back to getting back on track with my review books, this is why I put that goal on my list. In the 3 years that I have been running this blog, I used to say yes to getting review book 95% of the time. It got to the point where I was getting overwhelmed so I cut down the number of books I was accepting. I’m very happy I did that. I have only received 6 review books (physical and ebook) this year but I am forever gratefully to the authors and publishers who do reach out to me.
- Go to a book signing: I went to the book signing for Nexus by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings in Boston last month and May!! I hope to go to at least one more sometime this year.
- Make Boston a more bookish city: A lot of my favorite authors don’t come to Boston on book tours. I want to change that in some way. I just haven’t figured out how to do it.
- Read 5 non-fiction books: I have read 1
- Hit 1k subscribers on my YouTube channel: I have been doing BookTube for 3 years. I have never been in it for the money or the subscriber count. But it is fun to see your channel grow. If I did hit 1k by the end of the year that would be amazing if not that’s fine too. I am currently at 132 subs. If you would like to check my channel out, you can find it here!
- Be more active on the blog: I think I am doing a decent job at achieving this goal. At the beginning of the year I was posting a lot consider I was a blogger host for a read-a-thon and a co-host for another. Hopefully that will continue!
- Do 1 review per month on my YouTube channel: I have posted 1 video review this entire year and I highly doubt this will be accomplished by December. 😦
- Be more active on my DIY channel: I have been posting 1 video per month over there.
- Do a stream on Twitch: I will be doing one sometime in either July or August
- Work on my fantasy novel: I haven’t touched it since last November
- Start on my contemporary project: Hope to start sometime this summer
- Post more writing related blog post and YouTube videos: I haven’t posted any so far this year.
- Lose 50 pounds: I have lost 15 so far!
- Learn a language: I unfortunately haven’t had the time to sit down and work on this but I hope to at least start by the end of the year!
And that is my update on my goals!! I could be doing better but at least its something!!
How are you guys doing on your goals?? Let me know in the comments!!