Hey everyone!! Today I am back to tell you about all of the books that I plan on reading in August!! Yes, I know this is late and I apologize.
So August is going to be a little all over the place for me. The first week and a half of the month I have been working like crazy hence why this TBR is going up so late. This upcoming Saturday (August 17th) is when I am on vacation until the 25th. And then as soon as I come back, school is going to be starting up again.
So who really knows what this month is going to be like as far as reading.
With that said, I am doing 2 read-a-thons this month so here are my TBRs for those as well as some of the other books I plan on reading!!
N.E.W.T.S. Magical Read-a-Thon
*Hosted by Book Roast*
- History of Magic:
- Acceptable: Read a Fantasy: Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao (currently reading)
- Exceeded Expectations: Read a book with a map: Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- Outstanding: Reread a favorite or read a classic: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (reread)
- Muggle Studies:
- Acceptable: cover that includes an actual photo element: It Gets Worse by Shane Dawson
- Exceeded Expectations: book set in our world: Face the Fire by Nora Roberts
- Outstanding: Book written by a person of color: From Twinkle with Love by Sandhya Menon
- Subject of your choosing: Potions:
- Acceptable: read your friend’s favorite book: Joyland by Stephen King
- Exceeded Expectations: read a book with a cover in your house color (green for Slytherin for me): The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
- Outstanding: a book that starts with a prologue: The Devils Labyrinth by John Saul
*Hosted by NetGalley*
- Moon Cakes by Wendy Xu and Susan Walker (currently reading)
- The Memory Thief by Lauren Mansy
- The Girl the Sea Gave back by Adrienne Young
- Mirage by Somaiya Daud
- A Hero Born by Jin Yong
- The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow
- Watching You by Shannon Greenland
Other Books I Want to Read
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (reread) (already finished!)
- Peace and Turmoil by Eliot Brooks
- The Evil Queen by Gena Showalter (my book club’s book of the month for August)
- Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid (already finished!)
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margret Rogerson
So yeah. Another ambitious TBR for this month. Let’s hope I can read most of these. As always, I will have full reviews for all of these books (except for Mooncakes, Heir of Fire, and The Sorcerer’s Stone) up here on the blog once I finish them and I will try to get at least one video review up on my YouTube channel as well!
What do you plan on reading in August?? Let me know in the comments!!