Hey everyone! I hope you guys are all doing well and are having a fantastic start to 2018 so far! Today I am here to talk about my goals for the year of 2018!
So last year, I posted a video on my YouTube channel talking about the goals I had set for myself for 2017 (you can find the video here!). So, since you guys really seemed to enjoy that video, that I would go ahead and post another set of goals for this year!
This year, at least in my personal opinion is going to be a year of change. I have a lot of things going on in my personal life with college and a ton of other things that I won’t go into right now so those things are going to be more of a priority than ever before this year. So reading isn’t going to be my highest priority this year. It doesn’t mean that I won’t be reading at all. Just not as much as in the past year and a half.
So with that being said, I have split my goals up into 4 sections: reading, channel/blog/social media, writing, and personal.
So without further-a-do, here are my goals for this year:
- Goodreads Reading challenge: 25 books
- Read more diversely
- Get back on track with my review books (I apologize if I still haven’t gotten to your book! They will be read this year if it is the last thing I do!)
- Read more Ebooks
- Read more audiobooks
- Read 10 thrillers/mysteries
- Read ARCs ahead of release date
- Do some buddy reads
- Read more local authors (authors from Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island! Got to support my fellow New England authors!)
- Start a Goodreads book club? (let me know if this is something you guys are interested in!)
- Use a TBR Jar to help me figure out my TBR books for that month
- Hit 2 thousand subscribers on YouTube (if you guys could make this happen, I would be forever grateful!)
- Be more interactive with my followers/subscribers
- Do 2 reviews a month on YouTube
- Do a collab
- Be on Book Battles (a jeopardy style game show about books on YouTube)
- Go to Bookcon?
- Go to Vidcon?
- Finish second draft of my book
- Start looking for an agent and/or publisher
- Lose 50 pounds (I have struggled with my weight for years and this I going to be the year that that changes!)
- Get a job (I’ve been looking for one for months)
- Learn a language (either Greek or Spanish)
- Work on my personal channel- this is a YouTube channel I had for 4 and a half years before I started the 2 I have now. This is something that I have wanted to do for over a year now so I have slowly been working on for the past couple of months. I will mention it in a blog post as well as a video when it goes live!
So that is all my goals for this year. Of course these are all subject to change but I think, as of right now, that I will be able to accomplish most of them by the end of the year.
Be sure to let me know what you guys’s goals are for this year! I would love to know!
Good luck to all of you this year!